Then began our fun free day. Half the group went to an air and space museum. It sounded super cool but I couldn't pass up a hike up Mt Lemmon. The view was totally indecribable and pictures don't give it justice. Michelle and I did a little rock climbing in which I was bleeding in three places when I got back to van. I am somewhat clumsy at times. It was SO beautiful and different and I was SO glad for the experience. A little higher up was a little general store, cookie and fudge store and a few other quaint places. We ran out of time, but I'm positive we could have spent ALL day there if we didn't have somewhere to be!
Riding down the mountain (we made it to 9000 ft) was interesting. I don't believe Adam removed his foot from the brake at all. Apparently this mountain is a place cyclists practice for the Tour de France (the super bowl of bikes). There were cyclists everywhere on the way up an the way down. The craziest thing though happened on the way down. This cyclist was so close to our bumper riding 40 mph, with the draft from our van cruising down this mountain. Crazy scary!!
After our hike we headed to get packed and to clean up. Through an exciting twist of events our team got tickets to watch the Braves vs Diamonbacks in Pheonix!! What a blast and a fab way to end our trip! It was a super cool enclosed stadium, fireworks... And most importantly THE BRAVES WON!!
We then hit a wall. No one had a plan of really what we were going to do after te game. The airport was next door to the airport, and the place we were staying was 2 hours away so it didn't make sense to go back just to get up at 3 am to head to the airport. So we did what anyone would do... Slept in the airport all night until we could checked in and to our gate:)
Some folks slept on the floor, one was between garbage, and a few crazies (including myself) stayed up the entire night. It was an adventure to mark off the bucket list of life. It's not as cool to sleep on an airport floor as it looks on the movies. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment