Who needs a flu shot?
Well, apparently myself. Yep. Last Wednesday I felt horrible. I was at home with the girls, but I am pretty positive I only left the couch for 5 minutes at the time. It was horrible. They girls knew something was wrong, and they tried their best to take care of me. Thankfully they were very low maintenance that day. By Thursday things were not better but I attempted to go to work anyway. A couple of hours into the day, I ended up in Cara's office, in the fetal position, with a blanket wrapped around me in the floor, in front of the heater. Man, that heater was amazing! After an hour of the fetal position, I opted to go to the Urgent Care. I knew I needed to get a hold of whatever was going on.
The doctor felt pretty certain it was just "the crud" but felt like he should do a strep and flu test just to be thorough. I just wanted a shot. I wanted this sickness gone. I have no time to be sick not to mention I have two 19 month old who pretty much depend on me for everything.
I failed to mention in the prior paragraph. My doctor was SMOKIN. Like McDreamy off Grey's Anatomy level. He walked back and said "It's the flu" My reply was short and to the point "crap" And guess what? There isn't a shot for the flu. Its tamiflu, and rest. That's it.
The nest day and half was horrible. Eric put me in my room quarantined and I wasn't allowed to come out. Every time I woke up I heard him spraying the dang Lysol bottle. He didn't want to get sick. I didn't blame him nor wanted him to get sick but I needed a little TLC. He stayed far away. Like I am surprised he let me out to use the restroom.
The little chicks stayed with my in-laws while I was sick in efforts to try to keep them germ free. I believe this was the worst part of the whole experience. The girls have never spent the night away twice in a row. I missed them terribly.
We went to pick them up Saturday morning when I had been fever free for 30+ hours. They were super super snotty and congested, but flu free. The doctor called them some meds in and we started treating their symptoms. By the end of the weekend, stir crazy was NOT even the words.
Moral of this story....Flu shots are necessary!
1 comment:
I'm glad all of you are better!!!
Post a Comment