I was watching Gardendale First Baptist Church on television this past Sunday morning while I was getting ready for church. First of all, the worship was awesome. I was alone in my bedroom and I praised and sang out from a sincere heart. I was so excited to be worshipping with people on televsion. It was such a blessing. The pastor, Kevin Hamm took the pulpit and began to speak. He started his message with this simple, but powerful statement " When your worship gets lethargic, think about the cross."
I am pretty sure I have heard that so many times throughout my life, but for some reason on that morning The Lord knew I needed to hear it. It pierced my heart and has left an impact on me. I am so guilty of being lazy with my worship. I am guilty of going to church just because it's what I am supposed to do. I am guilty of giving God the bare minimum to get by. I am guilty of filling my time, efforts and focus on things that don't matter at all.
I want to be a person who reflects the character of Christ. I want people to see my heart, and see Christ actively working in and through me. I want to give Christ my all. He deserves it. He commands it. I want to be a good and faithful servant. I want to see people saved. I want to worship Christ with my whole heart, 100% of the time.
I am so thankful even when I slack, God doesn't. He doesn't move. He doesn't turn his back on me. He stand waiting with open arms to welcome be back into walking in His plan and will for my life. I am so thankful God is still at work in my life. So incredibly thankful. I am so excited to see what God is going to continue to do in my life, my marriage, and my family.
No comments:
Post a Comment