Tuesday, July 27, 2010

So what if I sat in the floor and cried...

A couple of Wednesday nights ago I recieved a phone call from my friend Carmen.  Immediately when I saw her name pop up it struck me as odd, seeing as she had just left my house.  I answered....which I NEVER DO!

So when I answered all I heard was Carmen saying, " Come get me.  No joke.  Now.  Come get me"  I knew she was serious.  So I just handed the phone over to Eric.  A little known fact about my husband is nothing rattles him, nor does he get baffled by anything. I watched him immediately walk to his gun cabinet, and tell Carmen " Have a bag ready, you will stay here tonight"  And Eric left, with his big scary gun.
At this point this was what I knew.  Someone was trying to get into Carmen's house.  Carmen was home alone.  The person KNEW Carmen was home.  My husband has left with a gun.  And neither of them will answer the phone.

So I sat in the floor and cried.

I called my friend Beth and she headed to my house.  I was freaking out.  Beth called her husband Justin and friend Jonathan to head that way.  Beth tells me to call Eric and tell him not to shoot them, that they were on their way.  Seriously???  I never thought I would need to call my husband and ask him not to shoot someone.  Anyway...I call him and again no answer.  So, me being the worst case scenario girl, begins to think OMG Eric is shot, Carmen is shot, and Justin and Jonathan are about to get shot.

So I sat in the floor and cried.

Beth finally got there and I was a mess.  I know this seems a little dramatic but it was scary.  I didnt know what was happening and my mind was getting away with me. 

Finally Eric called.  The police were on there way and Carmen was fine.  Someone had apparently tried to get into carmen's back and side door, while Carmen was the floor with a butcher knife waiting toand I quote Carmen "light someones world up" The police searched the property along with Eric with his gun, Jonathan with his gun, and Justin with his flashlight...The person had been in their pool house and there were foot prints all through the grass.

Carmen and Eric made it to our house, but you could tell Carmen was shook up.  Who wouldn't be?? The next day they found out that several houses close to Carmen had reported instances similar.  

I don't like strangers.  I don't like being home alone after dark.  I don't like scary strangers trying to get in my house while I' m alone after dark.  I don't like my husband and friend being in danger.  I don't like not being able to get ahold of anyone.

So I say...So what if I sat in the floor and cried.

3 comments:

Megan Smith said...

i feel like this every time steve has to leave on a call... it's a horrible feeling and you are not crazy!!! call me next time something crazy happens!! steve can go right on over. :)

Carmen Key said...

I just want to add to the story... I was very brave and I was so ready to light someone's world up and I will be ready next time too!
I'm very thankful for Rigsby! Justin and Jonathan too!

Kristy said...

I wondered what the full story was. I'm so glad all of you are ok. It's definitely scaring being home alone and in the dark. I have a gun too, so call me and I'll go too (even though it is a rifle). I can light someone's world up too!!!