Thursday, August 12, 2010

I have 2 ONE year olds!

This past Wednesday, August 4th, my sweet girls had their first birthday.  I didn't cry.  Not even a tear.  I am sad they are not my little tiny babies anymore, but they still are my baby girls.  We had a great day.  Just me and my girls most of the day hanging out and playing and just being together.  Beth brought a surprise for them by.  A cake!!  You see, my girls haven't experienced sugar yet.  We got them ready, which consisted of stripping them down to their diaper, several old towels and a camera.  We then sat the cake down and anticapted their reaction.....NOTHING!!  With a little encouragement the girls began to stick their fingers in the cake and tasting it.  They were kinda indifferent, which is okay with me!  Eric and I then went to eat with the girls and just spent time together as a family.

Saturday was the BIG party. Sadly,  I have had their party planned probably since the day they were born.  I knew I wanted to have a swim party and hello kitty themed party.  It all worked out well because tAllie and Emma love swimming, and seem to like hello kitty.  We grilled out hamburgers and hot dogs and of course had cake.  It was PERFECT!!  The girl who did the cake did an amazing job was, and it tasted great!

We had a great party. Family and friends came, the girls got amazing gifts, and we took great pictures.  What wonderful memories. I just really wanted the girls to have day for them, to know they were loved.  I know this was achieved.

I cannot believe it has been a year.  I remember sitting in the hospital bed the night before the girls were born.  Every emotion possible from excitement, anxiety, fear and joy rushed through my body.  I knew it was God's plan for my life coming into motion.  The moment I saw and held Emma and Allie is was immediate love, joy and deep connection with these two babies.  I experienced a new prespective for God's sacrifice of His only son for me.  Each day has brought new lessons, experiences, laughter, and a tremendous amount of joy.  Eric and I are completely wrapped around this little peoples fingers!

Pictures to be posted soon....As soon as these little children allow!

No comments: