Only in the last few months do I think that I have truly learned the whole aspect of this statement. I am guilty of when things are going my way of forgetting that even in the good things God wants to be front and center. There have been so many things in the last 4 months of my life that have been unexpected and surprising. Things have happened that I didn't plan. Things I don't understand.
First of all losing my Pop has rocked my world. He was the stability in my family. He was the rock. He made sure things were done, done well, and that everyone was okay. He was amazing, awesome and the greatest man I have, and will ever know. I would say I think of Pop within the first hour I am awake. I miss him terribly Every. Single.Day. BUT...I rejoice because he is with his Father. He has done nothing but praise and worship Our Jesus for the past 4 months. Wow...How utterly amazing!
Losing my Pop has caused me to step up, handle some things I wouldnt have had to otherwise, and to look at situations differently. My nanny amazes me. She really is the strongest woman I have ever met!
There have been other situations that have caused me to ask the question "Why God?" I have never really questioned God's plan. I have always considered myself huge in my faith. Throughout I have learned what it really means to put your FULL trust in God and FULLY rely on Him.
It has been quite the ride this far. I wouldn't say I have taken it on and been the most graceful participant, but I have given it over to the Lord. Its hard to let go of the control, but its imminent. Handling it myself is not an option, not to mention completely impossible. Its a continous learning process in which I invite with open arms.
I was talking to my mom last night. She said something about being a sinner, and that she had really hoped she would do better this summer. For some reason the old VBS song "He's still working on Me" popped into my head. It made me smile. Its very true. If you allow God He will continue to work on you every day to "make you what you ought to be. It took him just a week to make the moon and the stars, the sun, and the earth and Jupiter and Mars, BUT He's still working on me!"
It's amazing to me that a little silly song I used to sing when I was 5, could minister and reassure me!
No comments:
Post a Comment