I hold my marriage close to my heart. I cherish it. I know that God ordained, planned my marriage, and made me for my husband and he for me. Eric and I will be having our 5 year anniversary this year. The last five years have been a blast. Don't get me wrong, it has been work, but it has been totally worth it. Eric and I decided way before we were dating that WE were a FOREVER thing. Forever as in always. We have never waivered from this, and for that I am thankful.
I understand that things happen and situations arise and there are biblical backings for divorce, I understand that. I do not however understand when people for NO apparent reason whatsoever just up and decide that they don't want to be married anymore. I don't understand how you go from putting a ring on someone's finger and seeing a forever with that person , and then wake up one morning and being completely diconnected and over being married. Again, this it without any reason whatsoever. I don't understand people who won't or don't fight to keep their marriage intact. Marriage has to be a two way street, one person fighting for it to make it isn't enough.
My marriage isn't perfect. We strive to put Christ in the center and base our lives according to His plan. Sometimes we do fail. We don't always agree or see eye to eye, but I know we would fight for what God has ordained.
You see, this blog has been coming for a while now. Someone extremely close to me has been hurt very recently and its very fresh subject on my heart. I hate for someone I love dearly to be hurt. I hate for someone I love dearly to fight for what they know and believe in, only to be shut down and rejected. I hate it with a passion. I have prayed so hard and so earnestly for this problem to be remedied. I know the God I serve is mighty and can recieve the glory and honor from trials of our lives.
Last night we had revival at our church. Don Graham, a revivialist came and spoke last night. He shared his heart and his testimony with us. He knew in order to be obedient this is what he been called to do. He began to share his background. He grew up in a Christian home, recieved Christ at age 12, and was called into the ministry at 16. He became marriend and had children. He became to pastor of a church his senior year of high school and pastored his entire life. Bro Don this preceeded to tell about marital issues that he and his wife had for almost a year. Real problems. Real fights. Really harsh, demeaning and degrading words to each other. He and his wife had resorted to living in seperate ends of this house, only speaking when absolutely unavoidable. His wife didnt attend church with him for 8 months. All this time, Bro Don said he was the great pretender. No one knew anything was going on. However being the great, merciful Father He is, God reconciled this marriage in a beautiful way. Bro Don shared his heart with us. You could tell it was so difficult when he telling of the worst times. But the smile that came actoss his face when he told about being able to put the ring back his wife's finger, and recommit their vows to one another...Wow. Tears were flowing. How beautiful is a Christ that loves His children that much.
I DO cherish my husband and my marriage. I hold it close to my heart...BUT if this can happen to a pastor, why in the world could it not happen to me? I love my husband with all my heart. Next to Christ, he is the most important person in my life. I never want to take Eric or my marriage for granted. I am going to continuously bathe my marriage in prayer, and try everyday to take a few minutes and voice the fact I love him, and thankful for him, and truly do CHERISH him and my marriage.
I am so thankful for Bro Don and the testimony he gave last night. It will forever remind me my husband is special and worth any effort or fight I may have in the future.
2 comments:
I was just thinking the same thing. We needed that so badly. I'm so glad that he gave us the opportunity to renew our vows right there in the church with our church family there. I too have made a promise to not let my marriage get in the shape it was in just a few months ago. I will put God first and Brandon second from now on.
what a great post!! I'm so glad to hear how you feel about the whole marriage topic.. not that I thought otherwise of you, but there are soooo many people that think it is no big deal. Marriage should be a sacred thing that you fight for continuously. Glad to hear from ya. Those babies are getting too big
Post a Comment