Ok. I have been planning and needing to do this blog for a while. I needed to get some things out and some things written. When I write things it always proves to be therapuetic. It seems concrete. This coming Sunday is Easter. It also marks the six week mark of the day I lost my hero, My Pop. Even as I write that last sentence, I have a lump in throat and tears in my eyes. This has definitely been the hardest experience to date. My Pop is the best man I have ever known. He is my hero. Pop was the most selfless man. He was always giving and caring for others. He was continuosly on the go and had everyone else on his mind at all times. He loved His Jesus. He spent every minute of his life trying to bring others to a life with Christ. He loved his family. My entire life my pop and nanny have been front and center to anything and everything that me and my brothers have ever done. They have always been our number one supporters. Our family is quite the crew to any event. Pop checked on me every single day. He either called or came by. EVERY DAY. I miss him so much.
I can honestly say I cherished every moment with my grandfather. I know how much he loved me. I know he knew how much I love him. I have no regrets when it comes to my relationship with him. I am so thankful he got to know and love Eric. I am so thankful he got to meet, enjoy and fall head over heels with my sweet babies. He loved Allie and Emma. They were his pride and joy. I am so thankful my girls WILL know all about Pop one day. They will know what an amazing man he was.
My pop left quite the legacy. Anyone that knows him loved him. I miss him tremendously, but am so proud to be Tommy Hyche's grandaughter. I am so blessed and hope to live my life to make him proud. Although I feel lost and miss him every day, I do have hope that I WILL see him again, He is with Jesus, right where he lived every moment to be. I love you always Pop!
1 comment:
Oh, it's always hard around anyof the holidays when you have lost someone you know, let alone someone who means so much to you. I know you guys were close but just remember he is watching from above as those sweet babies grow year by year and as you grow closer as a family. I'm sure he loves you very much and is watching down now. Love ya girl and if you need anything let me know.
Post a Comment