Let's start with the babies! (Thats always makes me the happiest!) Allie and Emma are almost 5 months old!! I. CAN'T. BELIEVE.IT! It is blowing my mind how fast time is flying and how much they are growing and changing. We have faced and conquered (fingers crossed and knock on wood ) our first sickness. The entire family was sick. Rigsby had pnuemonia, I had bronchitis, and the babies both had cold/bronchitis (coughing, sneezing, snotty nose, diarrhea, and just plan feeling crappy!) It was awful. I felt so helpless. There was absolutely nothing to be done, and to put it plainly -That SUCKS! But I do believe we are all on the downward side! Here a few things new with the babies...
- They are the sweetest most smiling babies ever!
- They have both found their feet and hands...so cute
- They are eating baby food...well fruit...and well we have only done it twice
- They are rolling over like crazy!
- They have both began sleeping through the night (Praise Jesus!)
- Emma weighs 15 lbs and is 25 inches long and Allie weighs 12 1/2 lbs and 25 inches long
- Emma is still a snuggler
- Allie is little Miss Independent!
- They love to watch their Praise Baby DVD..I soooo recommend these to any one!
- They LOVE each other!
I am sure I could go on and on and on....BUT I won't bore you! Being a first time parent I am amazed every day at how much they are changing and learning...it blows my mind!
Christmas has also came and gone this year! It was a blast! We had so much fun experiencing with the babies. We had fun with family and also took time to remember the reason for Christmas and to reflect on the birth of Jesus! We had 400 Christmases to go to...Seriously like 6 at least, but it was great! The babies got way more than they need, but in the next few months will be able to play with. Eric and I didnt get them much at all. We bought the foam flooring for their playroom, and exersaucer and and jumper. My cousin Amberly who is four, was great this Christmas...She is so fun! We all also had breakfast with Santa! It was just a great time!
I think in a previous post I noted I had started a new job....Well I have since then resigned. It was something I prayed about and got clear confirmation that it was time to be done. It just was not working out. I am not sure my next move. I have talked to someone about a PRN (as needed) job, but not sure when I am going to start or the hours I want to work. I just want to be at home and with Allie and Emma as much as possible. Its just my desire. I don't mind working or think that mothers that work are not wonderful mothers. For my situation and my desire I just CHOOSE to work less. Some of the best mothers I know work full time and drive an hour to and from work EVERYDAY. (hero!) Anyway- we will see where this road leads!
One of my BFFs is having a baby! Due June 15th! It has been quite the journey for her and her husband. They have been trying for quite a while! But we have all been reminded once again GOD IS FAITHFUL. Always! I am beyond excited for them! We also found out at the "gender reveal" party this past Monday night that they will be having A GIRL!! Yay! It was such a great night. Beth is an ultrasound tech. She had a co-worker scan her. The co-worker found out what she was having and placed it in a sealed envelope! She then took it to a girl who made a cake for her. When Justin and Beth cut the cake Monday night the inside was PINK, and this was how they knew the gender. All their families and close friends were there and it was a great moment and such an awesome memory! I can't wait to meet Baby Girl Stephenson!
Well...I think maybe this is an over view of the last few months! I have so many pictures to post, but they may have to come later tonight! Now that I am "unemployed" I should have more time to post!!
No comments:
Post a Comment