Thursday, October 1, 2009

Writer's Workshop!!

So I am becoming a regular at this now.  Its really fun, you should try it.  Check out MamaKats blog and see the prompts to choose from. I found a few of these quite interesting. 

My prompt:
3.  Tell why you are estatic that the "one who got away" got away...

I saw this prompt and immediately stirred alot of emotions.  It really made me smile as I begin to think back on this part of my story and how it has played out.  (And I soooooo happy, blessed, estastic, excited, and thankful that it played out the way it did)
See there was this one guy (that shall remain nameless) that I immediately became interested in when I met him.  I thought he was the cutest thing.  See if you knew him you would think this alone was strange considering he wasn't my normal type.  I didnt even know this guy, never had spoken to him, BUT developed the BIGGEST crush.  Blame it on the power of wishful thinking, but we began to date.  My dream(or so I thought my dream) had come true!  It was very fun and exciting for 3 weeks.  3 weeks and then this loser guy found someone else he would have prefered to date.  I was crushed.  Seriously. See I saw this guy ALL the time.  We had to same friends, went to the same church, and unless I moved to a foriegn country I was going to have to see him all the time.  He wanted to be friends. Ummm I DID NOT.

Anyway, I moved on and got over it and it was ALL good.....until a year later- This guy decided he might like to date me again.  Me being the STUPID GIRL I am, was still all about this guy and decided to once again, lower my standards, belittle myself and date this loser guy.  See for some unknown reason I thought I was suppossed to be with this loser guy.

This go around was no different than the first.  He treated me like dirt.  Here's on example for you:  We were at my best friends house hanging out one night and he got a phone call from another girl.  See this girl wanted him to meet  her at the movies.  The only problem he had was that I had driven.  Oh but this was no problem for him, he just asked me to take him and drop him off. (the nerve!!) Guess what?  I did it.  And to this day I still cannot believe I did that.  (only instead of dropping him off, I more or less slung him out going at least 40 mph) Then sent him a few not so friendly texts.  So you would think this would be the final straw???- NEGATIVE. I continued to let this guy control my heart and mind for a while.

 I knew this what NOT God's plan for my life,  and soon would find out God's plan.  I then began to talk and hang out with another guy,  A guy that treated me amazing.  A guy that got lost in my eyes.  A guy that made me feel like the only girl in the room. A guy that I laughed with and always had a blast with. I still (for some unknowm stupid reason)was torn between these guys.  This new guy said he would wait as long as it took for me.  One day somthing clicked.  I was WAAAY too good for the loser guy.  This new guy was THE PLAN for my life. No doubt.  You see this new guy is my amazing wonderful husband of 4 years Eric.  He no doubt is my other half, my soulmate.  I AM SOOOOO GLAD THAT LOSER guy got away!

2 comments:

Charlene said...

I once thought that I made a mistake by letting "the one who got away" get away, but my life as turned out to be way more than I had expected. Seems like your life has too!

Beth said...

Bri....I can't believe you did that!!! That would have never happened if I were apart of you life then!