Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Weekly Writing Assignment

So I have given into the peer pressure. I thought I would try the "Weekly Writing Assignment" that MamaKat does weekly. I have enjoyed reading others and thought I would give it a try. The prompt I have chose is a perfect one for me start on...Its something I am very passionate about this subject: MARRIAGE.

My prompt....
What does marriage mean to you?(inspired by Jon Gosselin) :)

Marriage is a SACRED union between a MAN and a Woman ordained by God to be FOREVER. Forever as in always, infinity, until the end of time, to last as long as two people are alive. Marriage is serious. It is not to be taken lightly. It is an everlasting union, never to be broken except for one reason mentioned in The Bible (God's Holy Word) which is infidelity. Marriage means something to me.
Society today waters down marriage and makes it so much less than it is. People get married and at the first sign of trouble call is quits, get a divorce, and moves on to their next relationship. Marriage is nothing to most people these days. Just something that you do, and if it doesnt work out then they move on to the next thing.
Also...Same sex marriage...Thats totally against what God intends marriage to be. Let me restate this- Marriage is a SACRED union between a MAN and a Woman ordained by God to be FOREVER. MAN AND WOMAN...not man and man or woman and woman. It absolutely breaks my heart to see the worlds view on marriage, and what the younger generations are being fed and taught. Divorce is not okay. Homosexuality is not okay. There will be consequences for these actions.
Marriage to me means fun. It means blessings. It means walking in God's plan daily with God's man for me.
As far as Jon Gosselin...He is a complete JOKE. Seriously. Does he think is cute in his diamond earrings, hair plugs, spray tan, 22 yr olf girlfriend self?? He said last night on Nightline on ABC, that he loves his knew girlfriend of a few months more than he ever loved his WIFE of ten years, and his 8 babies momma...How screwed up is that statement??
Marriage takes work and every marriage will inevitably have its ups and downs. Anything worth it though takes work and effort of both parts. (if you cant tell Jon Gosselin is on my nerves...)
Jon Gosselins interview

1 comment:

Beth said...

Preach it girl!! ; )

I am still laughing about the hair plugs and spray tan.