My babies are five weeks old. Seriously. Five weeks. I cannot believe how time has flown. It seriously seems like a week ago I was admitted to the hospital and heard the words that changed my life forever "If you wouldnt have eaten that sausage biscuit" Ok kidding. Let's back up from the beginning of the hospital experience. I was scheduled for regular appointment for a check on Monday, August 3rd. The weekend before that I began to swell, and by swell I mean I lost ankles and toes. Like completely. My mother in law who is an RN checked my blood pressure Sunday night and my mouth dropped. 155/95. WOW- my norm is 115/65. So I felt like my appointment might bring some type news.
Dr Swindle (the best doctor ever) had been on call that weekend and was off on Monday, so I was to see Dr. Crowe. I had the NST and everythign looked good on it. A few stronger contractions, but nothing like I was to feel. I then sat in the waiting room FOREVER...okay it was only a couple hours, but aniexty was already there. So around 5:30 I got back into and room and my BP was taken. Lets just say its never good when your nurse says she is going to let the doctor take it. Dr Crowe comes in, take my BP, which is now at literal stroke level-160/100. My mouth dropped again. It was go time...or so we thought. Dr Crowe sent me down to labor and delivery to be monitored through the night and she would speak with Dr Swindle, but she felt as though we would have babies in the morning. My heart began to race. Eric was smiling from ear to ear. This was really happening....
No comments:
Post a Comment