Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Never text on Ambien

So...we made our way to a room in which I was hooked up to NST and BP to be taken every 5 minutes. It was a long night. LONG. The nurse suggested I take an Ambien or two to help me get some rest seeing as how I might not rest for a long long time. The first ambien did not touch me. It was as though I hadnt taken anything. So I opted with encouragement to take the second one. Opposite effect...I was wide awake. Eric by this time was snoring and I was bored. So I began to text the only person I knew would be awake, POOKIE...my little brother Chase. Evidently my eyes were crossed and I was loopy because my texts the next day were hilarious. Even my brother replied that I was scaring him, why was I not being monitored, and why did I have my phone. ANYWAY...glad I was slighly entertaining on ambien. It would have been a total disapointment had I been completely normal after all the stories I have heard.

Needless to say I dont think I slept a wink that night. The night morning bright and early our caravan of family were making their way to the hospital. My in-laws called to see if we wanted a biscuit...this is obviously were the biscuit comes in...I hadt eaten in while because of the possibility of the csection. So I asked my nurse if I was allowed to eat a biscuit and she said yes. My nurse said they were just going to monitor me through the next 24 hours and then make a decision. Fifteen minutes later Dr Swindle came in and seiously said the real words that changed our world forever "We are having babies around 1:00 this afternoon." and then she explained it could have been at 7 that morning had it not been for the sausage biscuit. Lets just say the nerves began then. I cannot describe the feelings that flooded me. I was anxious, excited, nervous, scared, but so incredibly ready to meet my baby girls. The next few hours drug on and on and on.....

No comments: