Wednesday, September 9, 2009
Was the clock even moving??
As we sat around and watched the clock slowly make its way to 1:00...time seemed to crawl. It didnt helped that I had several sets of eyes watching me. As 1:00 got closer, I got really quiet. This is a BIG deal. I am not a quiet person. Around 12:15 the nurses came in and began to prep me for the c-section. The family left to go to the waiting room with the understanding they would see us before the big event. Things began to go quickly...I was prepped in the room and ready to go, and Eric was dressed out in his full gear. I admit I dont remember being wheeled to the OR...not really sure how I got there but it happened. IT WAS A BLUR. The next thing I really rememeber is sitting on the edge of the table with my amazing nurse, Danni, in front of me giving me a pep talk about the spinal epidural I was about to be getting. I was nervous. That was my biggest concern about this whole process. I mean seriously who is excited about a needle going into your spine?? Oh yea did I mention Eric was not present for this. He was sitting outside until it was over and then he was to come in. Did I mention Eric has been present for every single aspect of the entire pregnancy. Every doctor visit, every minute of bedrest, every minute of the hospital and the one thing I need him the most for he wasnt allowed to be present. So the epidural was given. More weird than pain. They want you in a strange position for someone who has a big belly and want you to relax ( yea right!) It was immediate numbness. I remember my chest starting to get numb and it just worked its was to my toes. I felt paralyzed. Not a cool feeling. I had no control of what happened next. I was then assisted to lying on the table. The nurse anthesist, Claire, was amazing. She talked me through the entire thing. My nurse Danni was so reassuring. I was now lying on my back, with no feeling below my neck, arms at my side, oxygen in my nose, and my husband still not there. I really needed him, and one point felt like he would miss the entire thing. Weird feeling to be completely out of control....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment