Monday, September 21, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up!

It has been a great weekend.  Hectic. But great!  My mom and dad came in.  They live four hours away and its always great when they get to come in for the weekend!  Friday night "Glory Girls" had our comback bible study.We were doing finger foods, and I was to bring something sweet.  I didnt have a chance the entire day to make anything so I made a trip to store to buy something.  I really think my brain may be shrinking.  When checking out the girl said "Thank You" When I quickly replied "You too!"  Seriously, that makes zero sense.  I was embarrassed and hurried to get in my car.  I got into the parking lot and was getting into my car. CORRECTION: I was trying to get into someone else's white car. So again I was quite embarrassed.  I got in the car and began to check out what I can only describe as "Not a good hair day" and I discovered something that makes me think again that my brain is shrinking.  I had makeup on one eye.  Yes one. Geez...

We began a bible study a while back, but have been unable to meet in....well a LONG time.  It was last minute.  It was thrown together.  Bible study was short.  It was storming.  Despite all this- GOD SHOWED UP!!  God never ceases to amaze me and leave me with my mouth standing wide open.  He is so good.  He is full of mercy and grace.  Wow.  Anyway...

It was a great night.  I love this group of girls and there is no doubt in my mind this is a God ordained group.  We need each other.  We need support.  We need accountability.  We need friends.  We need prayer.  We need each other. 

Saturday I had MY day planned out....Ummm didnt happen.  LIKE.AT.ALL. I had shared the plan with my mom.  I wanted to get the girls up, fed, and ready. I was going to go walk at the park around 11ish.  Then I would meet my mom and nanny at the mall for lunch, shop some, and then get myself a pedicure.  (2 weeks I got one  ago and thought it would be precious to get a "A" for my football team on my big toe.  Yeah, so it was cool for about 3 days...soooo over it!)  After my pedicure I was then going to take my mom and nanny to a consignment shop in town.  This was all to be done around the girls feeding schedule. Well just to let you know NONE of this happened.  We left my house around 1:30.   I did eat, DID NOT get a pedicure and did not go to the consignment shop.  Oh yea side note- My mom kidnapped my kids! 

I was checking out in the one store I shopped in, where I spent WAAAAY to much money, and mom said she would take the stroller and be outside.  30 minutes later, after I went in EVERY store (which is really like 10 stores total, our local mall is sad) I found her.  Did I mention she had my purse and phone?  I was so happy....By this time my girls are over the shopping trip.  I literally ran out of the mall pushing my bus (double stroller) and listened to my babies scream, loudly, all the way home.  This was definitely not part of my plan.

Saturday night we grabbed a bite to eat and then headed to the Waldrops.   We stayed a while and I discovered a new love for As Seen On TV's BUMP-IT...My husband not so much!  He despised it.  I so think I could rock it!

Spent Sunday in worship at our church and then took a trip to Walmart.  The entire county was at Walmart.  It was chaos.  We made it out alive, with a  lot less money in our pockets!

Me and the girls made it back to church Sunday night and my husband just cooked me breakfast.  It was great!

As sit here and wrap up this post I just reflect on this weekend, I am reminded about how blessed I am.  I have the love of an amazing Savior.  I have an awesome husband.  I have two of the most precious babies ever.  My family is fatastic and my friends are the best I could ever imagine.  I cannot think of a moment in my life where I have ever been more full of joy.

No comments: