Ok so on a daily basis I am asked the question " How do you do it with two babies?" or people simply state " I don't know how you do it." Well simply put I say " I just do it." You do what you have to do. From the first day I had the babies by myself I just began to learn what works and what doesnt work. This are my only babies so I dont know any different. We have a routine and schedule that we TRY our best to stick to. Sometimes we get off schedule, but we just deal. The following are a few things that I have discovered, or that have changed with out life with twins.
1. I have learned to be a multi-tasker. I can feed two babies at once.
I can hold a baby and wash bottles, fold clothes, or fix lunch.
I can hold a baby and work on the computer, text, or talk on the phone.
2. I have learned to function on less than the desired amount of sleep.
Must less it be consecutive.
3. I have learned to manage two babies in their carseats, a diaper bag, a
purse, and a double stroller everywhere we go.
4. I do not worry about petty things that so do not matter one bit.
I am over any bit of drama that may be started or surrounds me.
5. I dont stay out late, like at all. Babies in bed by 9:30 or 10:00
tends to put a dent in your social life. I deal, it wont be forever.
6. I do not really care or want to go back to work. Never imagined I would
feel this way.
7. I can changed a diaper ANYWHERE
8. I am a much more quiet.
9. My husband CAN change diapers!! even the super dirty ones!
10.Mylicon drops ROCK
Having twins does result in twice the diapers, feedings, formula, baths, crying, sickness, not to mention everything else. But all that DOES NOT matter. Two babies also mean twice the smiles, coo, love, and blessings!
Now anymore than two babies? You totally got me on that one....
4 comments:
I came across your blog on Kelly's Korner for the recipe. It looks delicious by the way! Anyways my sister has 18 month old twins and you do survive the first year! She had Just3 year old when they were bron. She got those same questions. one thing that she could not have survived with out were the MilkMaid bottle Props.... Just incase you are interested. I know any help is much appreciated and she found these VERY helpful.... especially in those night feedings when you want to get back to sleep! Congrats they are adorable!
http://www.greatbabyproducts.com/Baby_Bottle_Holder_p/prod-mm220.htm
Soooo true...you just gotta do what you gotta do! And eventually it just becomes second nature.
And how cute are your baby girls!! Absolutely darling.
Hey girl, I just found you on My Nashville Nest, so I thought I'd drop by. Nice blog!
My personal blog:
www.finewire.blogspot.com
If you are ever interested in a new blog design, I'd love to work with you!
www.onefineblogdesign.blogspot.com
Have a great evening!
They are so cuuuuuute! Congrats!!
Post a Comment