Saturday, August 1, 2009

Romans 12:2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind.

Ok...So I have had something on my mind lately. Television these days are nothing but trash, and I know in saying this I am stating the obvious. Lately I have been reminded how even shows that are based for kids or on kids networks are so secular and so portray the views of the world. For instance a couple of shows that I have watched lately and been surprised by are shown on the ABC Family channel. FAMILY. Now I be on the wrong thought path, but when I think of the family channel I assume this will be shows that any age can watch and families might could watch together. I recently began to watch The Secret Life of the American Teenager. I had heard a little from word of mouth about this show and caught a few the other day. I knew the premise of the show was based around a 15 year old who became pregnant. Now, I am by no means naive in thinking that this is far fetched. I know this happens and it happens on a daily basis. I began to watch it and realize the entire show was about sex. One guy in the show who is the 15 year old babies daddy has meaningless sex a couple of times each show. There is one girl in the show that her own father in the show describes as "sleeping with every guy she meets". Even the adults in the show sleep around, get pregnant, get divorces, and have homosexual relationships. Let me remind you this is the FAMILY channel. Oh yea, the way I heard of this show was an 11 year old told me about it.

I am 25 years old. I have not been a teenager for 6 years now. But even I can see how in this short of time out of high school and teenage years things are so incredibly different. Other shows on television are disturbing as well, and yes I am guilty of watching them. These are a few examples: anything on MTV, The Bachelor/Bachelorette, and many many more. I am just disturbed that these are options of tv these days. No wonder kids grow up thinking drugs, sex, divorce, and immoral lifestyle are ok. As a society we accept and condone them instead of condemning them. The Bible speaks very clearly on all these subjects.

I want my children to grow up with a foundation where they are able to stand against all the temptations of the world, and live a HOLY and SANCTIFIED life even though this might just be the most unpopular move they could make.

No comments: