Sunday, July 5, 2009

Just a few weeks!

My doctor appointment Thursday brought about a few more changes! Come to find out I have thinned even more and am 1-2 cm dilated...Some how I figured this and was not surprised. dr Swindle went ahead and gave me a steriod shot in the office and a dose to take home and my mother in law give it to me Friday. Things are happening quick. When we talk to Dr Swindle or the nurse practioner I just feel a since of urgency. I dont really know how else to explain it. By the way, the steroid shot hurts tremendously. These are very essential to the development of the girls lungs if they are to be born prematurely. We have two appointments next week. Scheduled for an ultrasound and check Monday. Dr Swindle wants to check the babies growth and position, and also wants to see me Thursday in Jasper to check the dilation. As it looks now, a c-section is on the horizon because the babies are both feet down.

So the general feeling is it will not be long until we meet Miss Allie and Miss Emma Rigsby! Which so exciting and makes me excited, but I hope they can hold out for 3 more weeks. I am 31 weeks right now, so 34 weeks makes me feel much better! God is completely able. When everything else points to the babies coming really soon, God can change the course of anything in the blink of an eye. We have trusted God throughout and have felt His peace, and thats what I am holding to now!

Thanks for everyones's supports and prayers. May each of you be blessed tremendously!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Oh so excited for y'all! Praying for 34 weeks. I would love to see you this week. Will call you later!

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you both you and Eric. I know you guys are going to make the best parents. God has a wonderful plan for your family...