Beth S called me and said she and Carmen would bring a movie over and we could hang out. That sounded great to me, but for some reason I started telling her about this cake I wanted to make (although I am not allowed to cook) and Beth got excited and decided that would be fun. Which if you know Beth she is quite the "Betty Home Maker" aka Betty Crocker. She got a reciepe and headed to walmart. She, Carmen and Amberly came over and we began the mission of our fabulous flag cake. I was only allowed to sit at the table with feet up and watch. In the process of decorating with the blueberries and raspberries we had to explain to someone (and it wasnt amberly) that there was not 52 states, but 50 states in the US. (seriously) This same person, whose name will not be mentioned, ate a raspberry for the first time and then stated, "This tastes just like raspberry gum!!" (Promise) This same person proceeded to eat a blueberry and say "Now I know why they call them blueberry muffins!" (she was on a roll)
Anyway it was very entertaining to say the least. Here is the finished product....
So the next part of the evening, and what proved to be the most exciting part of the night would follow. Somehow we decided Carmen needed to put my wedding dress on. So we did, and she did look beautiful. (although we need to work on the distinct tan lines) Beth then decided to put on a bridemaid dress I had in the closet as well. I think we really thought there might be a wedding that night. Eric has already went to bed but he was hearing majority of what was going on. Carmen really wanted to wake him up to "give her away"(which she probably would have died had she done that) I, of course, was the photographer and pics were take from the couch! We had to best time just hanging out and being silly! We have since decided Carmen will get married on the Fourth of July. How cool would that wedding be?? Fireworks and a beautiful cake! Needless to say this wedding was not over until 2:00. It was the most exciting bedrest day yet! Its amazing what friends will do to entertain you on bedrest!!
So if you are bored and you want to be a bedrest buddy, come on over. I am sure my husband would be grateful! We can do something completely insane, or we can just hang out! Either way we will take pictures and document!
Here's a few wedding pics!!
2 comments:
I wish I could've made it. I could've been the flower girl!
I am loving the flag pole in the cake! And Carmie looks beautiful!!
I'm jealous. I want to come visit with you but I don't know what to do with my two munchkins. They would not be fun! Maybe one day someone can watch them for me so I can come play too! Ha!
Post a Comment