Friday, July 3, 2009

God is always Faithful.

He is. No doubt. God has proven his faithful in every circumstance, no matter the situation. He has proven this to me so many times throughout my life, and majority of the time I take it for granted and forget to lift Him up and give Him the glory for it. I was lying awake last night thinking how amazing Christ is, and how incredibly reassuring and miraculous that God loves me. Little old insignifigant me. God has done everything for me. Everything about my life is from Him and part of His immaculate plane. Does that I mean I always understand the path or road my life has taken? No, but God reveals His plan in His time. I just wanted to take the time to share a few things and areas of my life that God has proved Himself faithful to me.

1. Since I was a young girl I have always prayed for the man I was to marry. It was something I can rememeber my mom talking to me about. I always prayed for the EXACT person God intended for my life. Throughout high school I didnt date much. I didnt see a point in dating random guys just to have my heart breaking. I wasnt a nun or anything, but as far as a relationship, for the most part I was just parts of groups throughout school. With all my friends dating it did become discouraging. There were times in my life where I was tired of being the "friend" When I graduated was then I began to see God's plan for my life come into play. I was planning to get out of Jasper, move away, and never come back. (ok so a little exaggaration) but that was MY plan. I had an opportunity to go on a Mission Trip to New Zealand that would last 2 weeks. My parents told me that I could go as long as I stayed at Bevill for one year bc of missing so much school. So this was my decision that I would do. Come to find out my trip fell through and I was stuck at Bevill (or so I thought) Through this year I made some of the best friends ever. At the end of my first year at Bevill I became friend with Eric. We began to hang out and really get to know each other. I knew early on in the friendship that this was God's plan for me. I wont lie. I was scared , nervous, and this was unknown territory. I was 19 and not planning to get serious or married this soon in my life. God had other plans. 4 months into the relationship Eric and I began to date and I think it was obvious to anyone and everyone we were done. One year later Eric proposed, and one year after on Nov 12, 2005 I became Mrs. Eric Rigsby. Nothing has ever felt more perfect. When I was praying for a mate, one specific prayer was that my future husband would pray over and for me. Early in our dating relationship Eric began to pray with me. No doubt in my mind that this was God's plan for my life. Are we perfect NO. But we rely on Christ to make it. (I know you are thinking "geez I wish this chick would get over her husband) Seriously though all the credit for our relationship goes to Christ,

2. God proved himself faithful to me in a time in my life that it was blantantly obvious that I was sick, and though my mom had taken me to every doctor and specialist possble, no one could find out what exactly was going on. It began in 10th grade and I continued to be sick and could never kick even the smallest of colds. I began to become very fatigued and face began to swell. I began to lose my hair, have skin problems, have heart issues and it was obvious from looking at me something was going on. My mom was at her end beacause she felt guilty that it was somehow her fault. I began to get these generic umbrella diagnoses in which nothing was changing, I was just getting stuck with useless diagnoses. Finally an allergist I went to suggested I go to my primary care physcian and have complete blood workout up. I did. Dr Twilley got the results and called my mom immediately to bring me to the doctor.Come to find out my thyroid level was at a critical level. The dr first words to me was "You should be in a coma" Mom and I just began to cry, not because we were crushed, but because it was an answer! I began to take synthryroid everyday and I feel "back to normal" God showed me and continues to show me so much through this peroid of my life. He continued to carry me in His hands throughout this entire process.

3. My friend Heather is going to be a missionary for two years in AFRICA! Heather is an amazing person and an awesome friend. She seeks God's will in everything she does. From the beginning Heather never waivered that God'd plan for her was to go to Africa and do mission work. So I bet you are wondering where God's faithfulness comes in? Heather had to raise a HUGE amount of money to be able to go and do this thing she KNEW was from God. She leaves at the end of July and sent a newsletter around a couple of weeks ago, in which she was 3% away from getting pledged what she needed. THIS IS AWESOME. I know I am speaking for her, but I know she would tell you this is completely from and of GOD. No way around it. This was a huge task that was accomplished only through Him and because of His faithful. I am so excited to live through Heather and this adventure in her life. I am thrilled to see God's plan for her life. Its amazing what God will do to use us if we will just hold our hands out and be willing to be lead by Him.

4. I am having babies. TWO. You all know this and I have posted about this before. Eric and I both however said we would give Christ the glory for this no matter when or where. Most of you know we tried for 14 months. Everyone else in the world was getting pregnant by just looking at each other and we were just having no luck. Was I cool with this the entire time and patient, and this good little Christian that just knew God was in control and had a plan? Definitely not. I was mad. I was upset and I didnt understand what the hold up was? I became obessed and was taking it into my own hands. Anyway one day God began to speak to me and tell me "Give it to me Bri" He wanted control of it. He wanted me to trust Him, to rely on him and to know He was sovereign. God uses situations like this to teach us, but we have to be willing to listen and learn. Needless to say God is faithful and has blessed us with TWO baby girls set to arrive in the next few months.

So, this is long post, but its been on my heart and I just wanted to share. Now these are all pretty large examples of Chirst's faithfulness, but God is faithful even in the smallest details of our life. He is faithful to overcome loved ones sickness, he faithful to lead you to the right church or ministry, He is faithful to save the lost, He is faitful to provide finances, He is faithful to reveal Himself to us each and everyday if we choose to seek Him.

The struggles of everyday life will get you discouraged, but through God'd continual faithfulness we should live full lives, full of peace and JOY!!

I would like to hear stories of how God has been faithful in your life!! Please share!

1 comment:

Beth said...

Great post! You and little husband are made for each other.
Y'all will be wonderful parents. I am so excited and can't wait to see this next chapter in y'alls lives unfold!