So here's the latest....
I had a dotor's appointment this morning to see the doctor and have a three hour glucose test...Fun filled day. However I chose to make the best of the situation...I took thank you cards to write and Eric took his grad school stuff to read and work on. I got 30 cards wrotes this morning!!
So the day began with drinking the wonderful NASTY flat, super sweet, Sunkist junk. 2 CUPS!!! I chugged it like it was the best thing I had ever drank in my entire life! And so the waiting began...Every hour for the next three I had to give a urine test and have my blood drawn. In the midst of the waiting I had a visit with Dr. Swindle. She checked me and no changed from last week which is a fantastic thing. Still 50% effaced, but no dilation yet. Dr Swindle then proceeded to tell me that my working days are OVER...SURPRISE...not exactly. Eric and I both saw it coming. She just says she thinks I will begin to dilate soon and I won't make it full term as it is with the progression lately, so we are doing what we have to do for the health of the babies. I really do feel a peace about the situation. Now, is the anxiety like completely gone?? HECK NO.(I still need to exchange stuff, buy a few necessities, finish the nursery, ect....) I am worried. i am human. But I know Christ is in control and he loves me and will protect me and Emma and Allie. Oh and on top of all this the possiblity of Gestational diabetes is more than likely. Geez....I will also begin steriods shots in 2 weeks to help the babies grow.
So now my days will be filled with computer time (blogging, shopping, and facebook) reading books, possibly hanging out at Carmen's pool, and anything else anyone needs me to do from my house. I quite possibly could lose my mind in this process, but I choose NOT to.
And so the saga continues....
No comments:
Post a Comment