Contrary to popular belief people are so much more than color. One of my biggest pet peeves is the fact that people are so stuck on race. Both sides too, not limiting this to one side. Throughout history race has caused so much division and problems. People are people. You should NOT vote for someone bc they are white, you shouldnt vote for somone bc they are white. Same goes with african american people. Look inside the person. Look at the core beliefs, moral issues, history, situational circumstances and then form an opinon. Be educated when you speak about politics, or just dont talk about it. Get your facts before you talk.
I am the first to admit I do not know near what I would like to know about politics. I am trying to learn and research so I will be on top of my game and sound semi appropriate.
I have to get some of this off my chest. This seems to have been the ONLY conversation that any of my patients could discuss. One patient of mine came in and asked me who I voted for. Noo to me this is not offensive question- to others their political views are not open forum. I proceeded to tell this lady that I did support McCain. She then refuted with the fact she did not support McCain, but Obama. We began to talk about Obama's stance on taxes, abortion (parital birth) and his Muslim background. Guess what? The lady said "oh I didnt know about all that" My jaw dropped.
Another patient of mine is in the Army. He had ALOT to say, and majority of it I cannot repeat!
Anyway it has been a FULL day of politics, and I am sure it will be discussed at church tonight, as well as the ONLY thing on t.v. tonight. So this is my plan....endure it today, and then never post nor talk about it again...We know this will not happen, but it can be my intentions!
Just to leave you with this thought...God always has, always will, be in complete control and power. He is soverign and He is supreme. Everything is part of his immaculate plan, and the best part about His plan is that we (his children) know the ending...and we win!!
No comments:
Post a Comment