On the 23rd we started things off with my family. Zach and Kathryn were going to be in South Carolina so we rearranged our schedules and it worked out great. We switched it up this year and also drew names. It ended up being a great move, but I wasn't on board to begin with. Allie and Emma had a blast. Sullivan was definitely more active and into the festivities this year as well.
Christmas Eve morning we had a brunch at mike and Sandy house. It was different than usual but great too!! The girls received so many great things!
Christmas Eve might we had nothing planned. This was the first time in 30 years here on this earth that had happened and I couldn't handle it. I invites my mom and dad, jay and the keys over for breakfast. It was so much fun. I love breakfast food at night and the fellowship was awesome as well. Patty and Troy and Carmen are family to us and I was so glad to be able to have time with them! We also were able to make our annual gingerbread house! Surprisingly, Allie was into it and did most of it herself!
Around 8:45 Christmas Eve we tracked Santa and saw he was close to Florida! The race was the on. The anticipation and twinkle in the girls eyes were priceless. They ripped there close off and ran to the bath. They bathed quick and then put their elf on a shelf cute pjs on!
We sat in the floor and read "The Night Before Christmas". The girls were able to help this year with their sight words. So cute! We ended the night reason out of Luke about Jesus birth. I was so proud when Allie and Emma were able to quote Luke 2:14 with me. We then as a family sat in a circle and prayed before bedtime. Each girls thanked God for Jesus. My heart was full. Then to bed we went waiting for Santa to arrive!
Santa came and he was great! The girls spent all morning playing and they were pumped. Mom, dad mike as sandy then came over for Christmas lunch. We spent the afternoon playing and actually went in a nice walk as a family. The weather was gorgeous!
We ended the festivities at Randy and Tammy's house with yet another memorable Mccain Christmas! It was a great night and we added a right/left game to the mix!
I am so incredibly blessed and thankful for each and every person and every thing The Lord has blessed me with. He is so good to me every day of the year, but I'm especially reminded around this time. I love my husband so much. He is so kind. He is so selfless and and treats me as Christ calls him. Words cannot describe how much I love Allie and Emma. They are my heartbeat.
This Christmas the voids were still there with missing many and pop. But their presence will always be there. They are so much a part of us we will always feel them.
I'm praying for what the new year has in store. Here's to living life for Christ boldly and making a difference for His kingdom.




















No comments:
Post a Comment