Sometimes these situations are super cute. When I hear either say, " Well that is beautiful" or " I appreciate it", "I'm Nervous", or my favorite "That makes uncomfortable" I mean seriously you little chicks are not even 3 ! What could either possibly know about any of that. But it is absolutely adorable.
Let me tell you what isn't adorable however....A few nights ago we were putting the girls down for bed. We had our nightly bible story and prayers. I absolutely love bedtime. The girls want to just love on us and lately "give us all their kisses" They say "I love you" 1200 times. I know this is probably just delaying having to go to sleep, but I will take it! Back to the point...Girls were tucked and and we walked out the room and Eric flipped the light off. As soon as the light went off we heard Miss Allie say with inflection in her voice,
"WHAT THE HECK?"
We literally stopped in our tracks, looked at each other with disbelief. I do realize it could be much worse, but this to me was jaw dropping. My precious little angel....Eric went back in and told Allie she was not to say that and it was taken care of...Hopefully.
I do realize there is more of these instances to come and they will get worse. It has made me realize parenting is a HUGE responsibility given by God to me. He wants me to raise my kids to live holy, God- fearing reverent lives, to love and live for HIM. So, how can I teach them if I myself am not adhering to these same standards?? God calls me to be pure. To be holy, reverent and God fearing. To love Him with everything and to LIVE for him. The things I watch on TV are important. The music I listen to matters. Books I read impact my heart. Everything I say out of the mouth is a reflection. God deserves so much more.
No comments:
Post a Comment