Wednesday, February 22, 2012

My sweet precious Emma

My girls have always been pretty good at going down for naps. A few times they might have put up at little fight, but usually it runs it's course after 5 minutes.

Apparently today the terrible twos hit....or something that can only be from Satan himself. We had ran errands literally all day and had been super busy. So around 3:00 we were headed home and Emma fell asleep in the car. I got both girls out and led them to their bedroom. Two steps from the bed I took when all HECK broke lose. For the next thirty minutes I heard my precious child scream "I don't want a nap" the loudest she possibly could, followed by kicked and throwing herself down on the ground, and finished off with a blood curdling scream. For. Thirty. Minutes.

Every 5 minutes or so,I would go into her room spank her, and lay her back down. She didn't care one bit. After thirty minutes I was at my wits end and said the words I vowed to never say "I'm gonna get your daddy's belt". This didn't phase her the slightest. So here I have made a threat I didn't intend to follow through with, but Emma totally called my bluff.

I went into our room to get the belt, praying all the way she would stop by the time I got back in the room. That was absolutely a negative. By this time, she was louder. Oh yes, Allie is asleep THE ENTIRE TIME.

I take the belt and barely tap her with it. She isn't phased but I almost passed out. I couldn't believe I just spanked my kid with the belt. I layed her down in her bed, left the room and cried. This child was wearing me out.

Next, I put the gates up. I haven't had to use the gates in months. Emma then stood at the gate for ten more minutes screaming and crying. Im pretty sure she was even head butting the gate. Then I heard it... Silence. I found my sweet angel baby asleep by the gate.

It was the most frustrated moment I have had as a mother to date. I'm not naive enough to believe there aren't a lifetime of these frustrations ahead. Lordy, I better pray up!

No comments: