Sunday, February 19, 2012

God IS love.

So this weekend we had a long awaited lay renewal at our church. This weekend has been planned and prayed for since last year.

A group of lay people, just as ourselves group up and come to serve at our church for the weekend. It began Friday night with a wonderful meal, group session and then small group. Saturday and Sunday were similar. I can honestly say God used this lay renewal to touch my heart.

I experienced and saw many members of our church establish relationships with people that might not have been formed otherwise. I got to be a part of small groups with people not so familiar. I heard the prayers of people hearts. I saw a lot of love going on this weekend.

God showed me this weekend that He still has a plan for my life. Lately I can kinda felt like I'm just existing. I don't like this feeling, but for some reason can't break out of the funk. I'm still listening and seeking guidance on His desire for my life and the things I need to be doing and serving in. I have also learned patience and stillness aren't my best qualities.

I'm excited to see God at work. I'm excite to hear about people's experiences and more importantly see actions that stem from this weekend. I'm so thankful I serve a loving and merciful God.

No comments: