Saturday, January 21, 2012

Barbies and Bath time!

At the end of each day when all is said and done, house has somewhat been cleaned, family  has been fed and bathed and the to do list for the day is complete, I LOVE and look forward to a hot bath each night.  It is my get away.  More often than not I don't even take a book to read.  I just look forward to peace and quiet and little time to relax.

Well, this one certain night I decided to attempt to take a bath before the babies went to bed.  (I realize that Allie and Emma are 2 1/2 now, however they are and will always be my babies) This choice would prove to be not ideal within 5 minutes.  Of course the moment mommy goes to the bathroom there is an audience.  Every time.  I was in the bath just relaxing when I saw little fingers under the door, and then the words I hear some days in my sleep, "Mommy, I need to tee-tee"  Of course you do.  So I told Emma to come and in and go ahead and use the potty.  ( This is another reason I am pumped about have more than one bathroom)

She came in and stated the obvious.  'Mommy you taking a bath'  I replied " Yes ma'am I am."  She then sat on the toilet.  This was part of her plan though, because she did not use the bathroom.  Next thing I heard was "Close your eyes mommy"  Emma then dumped a cup on water on my head and said she was helping mommy wash her hair.  At this point I thanked her and kindly asked her to leave.  She didn't.  Emma then proceeded to throw all of her barbie dolls in the tun with me.  She ever so kindly told me I could play with them.  So, I am now in my supposed to be amazing relaxing bath with at least 7 barbies in the tub with me.  Not to be left out by this time Allie had joined the occasion.  relaxing was exactly the opposite of what was happening.  I was then convinced Eric must have left because why in the world when he knew I was taking my bath would he allow my heathen precious little children to join me.  After a few minutes of Allie and Emma "helping mommy"  I yelled for Eric to get "his kids" out of there. 

I was over it.  Bath time was over for me. And the barbies.....

No comments: