Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Beach Bums!

Last week was Spring Break.  We, which consisted of Carmen, Beth and myself came up with the wonderful plan for a beach trip.  We decided around Monday, when we were leaving Wednesday, we would probably need a condo to stay in.  HOW STUPID.  Spring break week is the busiest week in Panama City, so finding a vacancy proved to be a challenge.  However, Carmen being persistent as she, is came through.  We had reservations and were beach bound.

On this trip was Myself, Eric and then girls, Beth (pregnant,) Justin and Carly (9months), Carmen and Jenia.  I needed to state that because let me remind you....It was spring break.  I have been out of school for 9 years now (Gasp!!)  That kinda makes me stop breathing for a minute...anyway.  I just want to give you the entire picture of our crew. As stated prior, its been a few years since I have been to Panama City Beach on Spring Break and oh my, how things have changed!!

My eyes have never seen, my ears have never heard things, people, body parts, parties, and any corrupt act that I saw last week.  It was quite entertaining, but very very sad.  It made me incredible sad for these kids who were making some mistakes that would in the future, be irreversible.

However, as I said we were entertained.  The beach was pretty vacant until 1:00 or so in the afternoon.  The partying and late night was a benefit in that aspect for us.  The only interaction we had with "The Spring Breakers" was really the elevators.  At several points I heard our crew say they were going to put a chair on the elevator and just ride for the entertainment.  People were saying crazy crazy stuff to us...Strangers- who had three babies and one has a 7 month pregnant belly.  We learned to be a best friend apparently means something completely different that what I thought.  I will never have a best friend according to these girls.

All in all, I loved our trip to the beach.  So it wasn't the most family oriented place where God-fearing  and Jesus Lovin Christians could thrive.  My babies loved the beach, it was the best birthday ever (27!!) and we were with some of the best friends anyone could ask for!! 

Oh yea...Never tell a pregnant girl you just got laid...

No comments: