So, when the girls turned one we introduced them both to the potty. We brought it into the living room and let them play on it, sit on it and we talked about the purpose of the potty. Basically trying to get them ready to train. Around 15 months or so, I began to sit the girls on it and let them use to restroom as I did or as they were getting into the bath. They did pretty great with that.
The girls are only what I can describe as loving to tee-tee! They will say, "Momma!, Tee-Tee!" at least 35 times a day. Its sweet, but exhausting. Exhausting mainly because the girls want any bit of clothing off to use the potty! Allie and Emma are 18 months old and I would dare to say they are less than two months away from being potty trained, which is awesome. Not only is it great developmentally for them, BUT more importantly diapers are expensive!!
The main issues are now keeping them out of the bathroom. Closed doors mean nothing to these chicks anymore!!! (Insert ahhhhh!!) I caught them in the bathroom, playing in the toilet with both of their hair soaking wet. Yep, gross. Only half the time does, "Momma, Tee-Tee!" mean they actually need to use the restroom, the other half is to stick their hands in the toilet. I said we were almost there...A work in progress!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment