Monday, January 4, 2010

Crazy Love

Several years ago Eric and I attended Passion Worship Conference right outside of Atlanta, Georgia.  It was a phenemonal conference.  I have never ever felt the freedom to worship My Father as I did there.  There was a speaker at the conference who I really enjoyed hearing, Francis Chan.  He had written a book, Crazy Love.  Since then I have heard a few people comment on this book.  Even my husband who has never read book for fun in his life who doesnt read much had borrowed it at some point and began to read it.  I was shopping Saturday and looking for a new book (for  my resolution).  I came across this book and purchased it.  I began reading it Saturday night.  Although I am not so deep into it yet, I am so excited about it.  The first quote in the book caught my attention...
To just read the Bible, attend church, and avoid "big sins"-
is this passionate, wholehearted love for God?"
Think about this....Wow- It got me!  The first half of that quote is me...I want to get to where I do have that passionate, wholehearted love for God!  I desire that, long for it. 

No comments: