Carmie (a.k.a Gammy) is a great friend of mine who has just began her journey through nursing school. Lets start with a little background on Carmie.
Carmie is a very funny person. Some might call her goofy at times BUT who's not? Carmie would do anything for anyone and not think twice. Carmie is an only child which we all know means she is Waaaay SPOILED. There again, who am I to judge??? Carmen is determined and motivated to achieve her goals. I tell you all this to tell the rest....
Thursday of this week Carmie told me she had her first TWO nursing tests. She had studied and studied and studied...or so she told me she did. I also received a text the morning of the tests from her..well let me say it a nicer way than she did "My stomach is really messed up." (Mind you this is NOTHING like the text I received) I let her know that I was praying for her and that she would be fine. The next text proved me wrong. "I quit. WBMC can hire me full time" (WBMC is the local hospital where Carmie works as a PT tech) My first thought was OH NO- this must be bad. I then asked her for the details in which she let me on the grades she had made which were both...well they weren't failing! Ok so me, being the great motivator I am (try to be) explained that she would be fine and now she knows what to expect with the next tests.
Then began a very deep conversation between Carmie and myself. A deep conversation between us is rare so I knew it was blog worthy. Carmie began to tell me about a friend she had made in her program ( that's so sounds like I her mother and she is in kindergarten) Anyway...how she really like this girl and she was glad that God had provided her with a good Christian friend to go through this process with. We then began to talk about how God knows EXACTLY what we need EXACTLY when we need it. EXACT amount, time, place, person, job, answers, peace, joy, love, friends....the list goes on. Carmie had said she had a long talk with God which opened a conversation about God wants to have a relationship with us and He loves it when we talk to Him.
So why do we forget (be lazy) and not talk to Him each and everyday all day long?? Would I forget to talk to Eric...OF Course not. I live with Him. He is the love of my life. He is my best friend. He means the world to me. So....(you know what 's coming....) God lives with me. God is the love of my life. God is my best friend. My relationship with God means the world to me. WOW...its seriously that easy. God wants a close personal relationship with me. LITTLE OLD INSIGNIFICANT ME. The creator of the universe. So what's my problem? What's my excuse now??
No comments:
Post a Comment