So I couldnt take it anymore. One of my best friends, Beth S, works in ultrasound at the hospital. I needed her to scan me. I wanted to see that this was real. Keep in mind no one knows yet about Eric and I have a baby. We decided yesterday was the day. Eric came up to the department and we walked down to Beth's department. When we walked in the actor in Eric came out. He started telling Beth that I had been having severe pain from what we though would be a cyst on my ovary and Eric needed her to scan me so he could take me to the doctor or whatever. I had set this up the day before though. I had called Beth and told her that I was hurting so bad and thought it was a cyst or something was wrong. (I had had previous cysts before) So Eric and I were so excited to get one over on Beth. I layed down and got ready and Beth put the gel on the ultrasound head and put it on my stomach. I was watching Beth's face. She got teary eyed and put her hand over her mouth and I could tell she was trying to get her words out to tell me, thinking we didnt know. I looked and her and said "Beth we know" We then hugged and began to cry. Beth next sentence is something Eric or i will never forget as long as we live. Beth said " You know its two right?" My heart began to pound. Eric was squatted in the corner looking as though he would pass out. Never in my life did this cross my mind. I mean I know I am a twin, but when it comes down to it you never think you will have a twin! Every feeling possible was felt. Excitement, nervousness, scared, joy EVERYTHING!
Eric and I went to buy somethings so we could tell his parents and my parents. We went to Belk and bought some onesies that said something about Grandma. During dinner Eric and could not even speak. We went to church and the went to The Rigsbys to let them know. WOW! What a story.
We have went to Belk to buy TWO onesies that said something about being a grandma. When we had Christmas with the Rigsbys I mixed up my father in law and my uncle Mike presents. So we sat there and Mike Rigsby had no presents to open, and began to rag me about how I ruined Christmas and how he was devestated. So we handed him the present and told him that I saw it at the stoer and thought about him. After all I did ruin Christmas and I wanted to make it up to him. So he didnt have a clue. He began to open the present and pulled the onesies out and it took both he and Sandy a minute to get what was happening. Then all the sudden it hit them and Mike began to asked " are you serious? over and over again. Sandy jumped up and literally began to yell at the top of her lungs. She went bakc and forth and looked at Eric and then she would hug me, this went on for what seemed like forever. Then eric posed the question " Do you notice how many onesies there are?" This sent a whole new round of the "are you serious" and the screaming with pacing. Absolutely pricelss. If we would have video taped it, we would have won money.
We are heading to Dothan tonight (Jan 16th) to tell my parents. I cannot wait! My mom with go CRAZY. I think Daddy will just get really quiet. Its still unreal and hard to grasp. BUT I AM EXCITED, and really ready to tell people! SOON!!
1 comment:
I am ready to see you in person!! I can't wait-It's going to be so much fun! I started thinking today...you might need to get rid of the Camry for a van!! :D
Love you!
Post a Comment