Monday, March 31, 2014

The BIG 3-0!

So this past Tuesday, March 18th was the long awaited and most dreaded birthday yet.  I seriously was super anxious, nervous and absolutely dreading this day.  I was under the impression I would wake up as a 30 year old, and that my boobs would be at my waist, my wrinkles would have multiplied by thousands and arthritis would have take over my body.  I do realize these are all ridiculous thoughts, but nonetheless they were mine.  So, I woke up Tuesday morning and I was exactly the same.  What. A. Surprise.  That was the moment I made the decision to embrace my new "number"  I was getting ready for the day and began to sing Alicia Key's "This Girl is On Fire".
  I have loved that song since its release, but this was my mantra for the day. 
I headed to take the girls to Pattycakes for the day where I walked into a beautiful little breakfast. Homeade waffles, strawberries and milk- yummo!  It was so precious of patty to do that for me:). It was a great day at work and it worked out perfect that Eric happened to be in town and he took me to lunch,.

After work we headed to gymnastics, just as we do every Tuesday.  Eric told me we were going to eat for a birthday dinner that night. I assumed extra people would be there, but really no details were known to me. He blindfolded me as we got in truck.  I still just thought he was being silly for the girls sake.  He began to give  me strict instructions not to peek on the drive and then he gave Allie and Emma strict instructions not to talk and tell me anything on the drive. I began to think this was more than a dinner at a restaurant. We pulled up to our destination and Eric led me out of the car into a building. The blindfold was taken off and I saw family and friends standing in the skate galaxy!!!  They yelled SURPRISE and right on cue " This Girl is on Fire" blared over the loud speakers. 

It was an amazing party. We all skated our hearts out and had the best time. There were races, a few falls and kid and adults having fun everywhere.  Allie and Emma had the best time and are continuously asking to go back :)

It was exactly what I wanted. I was completely humbled that my amazing husband and best friends would do this for me. I received cool gifts, and even got a fish.  Its a pretty pink fish- but still a fish :)  I do apologize that I am still in scrubs.  Eric thought this would be even funnier, so He didn't prompt me to change The fact that people would come on a  Tuesday night and celebrate with me was overwhelming. I am extremely blessed with best people in my life. I'm forever thankful.























No comments: