Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Snow day fun!!!

Here in jasper, Al we aren't used to snow. Actually that's a little understatement... The mention of snow sends this town into a full panic mode.  We quickly take off to Walmart to buy milk and bread- because every southerner knows that in the event of a major weather event apparently milk and bread will save our lives. 
Beginning Wednesday afternoon, the flurries began. They actually were the biggest snow flakes I have ever seen. Then I made the never accurate, always wrong statement " it's not going to do anything. It won't stick". Thursday morning it was a winter wonderland. I mean for the south that is :). The weather however would quickly going to warm up and this beautiful sight wouldn't last long. All four of us quickly got dressed and headed outside to play. We made snowmen, threw snow balls and did some sledding as well. It was a blast. Allie and Emma loved it as well. 

It doesn't snow often and it doesn't snow much but we take advantage of each snow flake and moment:)

No comments: