Monday, February 3, 2014

Christmas 2013


Another Christmas has come and gone and it was great time of celebration with family and friends.  Allie and Emma were very much into the festivities this year.  They loved helping with the decorations and wrapping presents.  They actually were pretty good at wrapping, they added their own twists:)

Roxy, our elf, brought the second annual breakfast from the North Pole.  The girls were beyond excited.  We had snow doughnuts, reindeer kisses and a treat from Mrs. Clause.  We decided our elf would be a little different.  Each day, Roxy would leave a note for instructions for a random act of kindness or service.  It was a fun and exciting way to help my girls learn about helping others- with no reward for self.  The girls would wake and search frantically for her note and ask what they were to do that day.  It was a blast.

Christmas morning around 4 am the dreaded stomach virus reared its ugly head and took hold of me.  I was able to hold my head up for the girls to open their gifts and for myself and Eric to open with each other, and the rest of the day was spent in bed.  I cried all day because I was heart broken to not be spending the day with my babies.  They did have a wonderful day though.

Christmas was great.  I missed my precious nanny with every bit of my being.  Christmas revolved around my nanny the last few years.  It still doesn't feel real that I won't see her again, this side of heaven.  I rejoice because she was with Jesus for Christmas though.  I love her so.








No comments: