Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I serve a RISEN Saviour

Sunday we celebrated Easter. It's definitely one of my favorite days. It represents the fact that I serve a living God. One who is present and powerful, so powerful that He rose from the dead after a brutal crucifixion. That's amazing and sometime too much to wrap my head around. I serve a God who loves me unconditionally. I serve a God who forgives. I serve a God who blesses me beyond anything I deserve.

Even as I type this I question my phrasing of "I serve...". Do I really serve Him? What am I doing to honor a s glorify Him? Does my marriage magnify Him? Am I raising my kids in a way to bring honor to Him? Are my acts of service in the church, for His glory or out of obligation?

If I answered correctly I would probably have to answer not really to most of the questions. My prayer lately is for Christ to change me to honor Him. To be the daughter of the King, wife, mother, friend, family member, co-worker and church member that He has called me to be. He gave His all and deserves so much more than my lack luster efforts.

No comments: