Last Saturday, Eric and I celebrated 6 wonderful years of marriage! I seriously cannot believe it has been 6 years. That absolutely blows my mind!
Anyway for a few months we began to plan our anniversary trip to Nashville. This in it's self is a pretty big deal that I voluntarily planned a get away without my babies. I still have a few little issues with leaving the girls. I got tickets to a concerts and was super genuinely happy to be going away with my husband.
Monday, before we left on Thursday, the stomach virus reared it's happy little head in my household. It started with my sweet Allie. She began to throw up and we headed to the doctor, but not before we dropped Emma off at Eric's grandmother's. Allie was pitiful but all the test can back clear, but they were able to give me something for nausea. On the way to pick Emma up, I got the phone call that Emma wasn't feeling good. I got there and it was obvious she wasn't feeling well, but no throwing up as of yet. We headed home and got about ten minutes down the road and poor Emma threw up all over herself, the car, and carseat. I felt SO sorry for her. I took her out, stripped her down and gave her some medications. Both girls got a bath immediately when we got in the house. The day however did improve thanks to Zofran. I thought we were all the clear...until the next morning
Eric woke up sick. He took some meds and went to work but was miserable. He stayed sick until Wednesday. I still however felt great!! We were still planning to leave Thursday if all went as planned. And as my luck would have it..Thursday morning was my chosen day.
I slept all the way to Tennesee. We made it to our hotel and both laid down for a couple of hours before dinner. We got dressed and headed to music row to have dinner at Big River Grille, a place I have always wanted to try. It was a great restaurant, very cool atmosphere, and what seemed to be fantastic food. I took 2 bites, eric took 3. We were pathetic...
Next was the concert...I had been so excited about this for weeks!n It was the CMA Country Christmas concert. Faith Hill, Martina McBride, Vince Gill, Amy Grant, Sugarland, Rascal Flatts, Little Big Town, Darius Rucker, Brad Paisely, Kelly Pickler and Keith Urban were all there, so you can see why I was a little pumped. It was a great concert but it did run long because of being made for tv. Most of my evening my head was on my husbands shoulder...
Friday was a new day! We both kinda felt like new people. We shopped til we dropped and headed downtown for some food and fun! We ended the evening with dessert at the Melting Pot. It really was a great night.
Despite the sickness and the bummer start, it truly was a great trip. I am so blessed with an amazing husband. He always takes absolute best care of me. I know I am the center of his world and I trust him with everything. Can't wait to celebrate our next anniversary!!
No comments:
Post a Comment