Thursday, January 13, 2011

Clutter!

Clutter.  I HATE IT!  It feels lately though my life is consumed with clutter.  You see me and my little family live in a smaller house, but has been and still is such a blessing.  It was my great-grandparents house and my grandparents have allowed us to live there rent free sice we got married...SO by all means I AM NOT COMPLAINING.  Bottom line I have too much stuff.  I have tons of clothes, shoes,  bags, pictures, and anything and everything else you can think of.  Not to mention twin girls have been added to this mix, and they come with tons of things as well.  The girls birthday was in August and Christmas having just been celebrated, we have TONS of new items.

Eric and I started Christmas Eve night with our project...De-clutter our house.  We got rid of probaby four huge garbage bags full of things.  I went through the girls clothes they had outgrown and put them in the building.  We got a ton accomplished just that night.  It has definitely gotten me on a kick.  I am in a such a mood to declutter my house, and my life and its amazing!

I have also been impressed while I am decluttering my house, and my nasty car, I should declutter my heart and mind as well.  I am so guilty of letting things that don't amount to anything consume my time and energy. I want to so bad to have a pure heart.  There are things, situations, and feelings in my heart that I need to let go of.  I need to focus my heart and mind of Christ.  Simple as that.  I want His desire to penetrate my heart and mind, so others may see Him.

I love facebook.  I do.  But lately I was spending too much time on it.  I was getting caught up in several friends drama.  I was following it like a soap opera.  So in my quest for decluttering, I deactivated my account, which apparently is code for all your friends thinking you blocked them.  This didn't happen by any means.  I just needed a break.  I admit it has been great and I really do not miss it.  I am not saying I will never activate it again, but I really think it will be quite some time. 

I really believe God demands more from me.  He gave me His all, and what I give back to Him is pathetic.  He deserves my everything.  I am so far from that, but that is the desire of my heart.  I want to live a life pleasing to Him.  I want to worship Him with a pure heart.  I want to dive into His words, and let the words seep into my heart.  I want to be the wife and mother He has called me to be.  I am cleaning up all the clutter in my life...It's gonna be a process but I am well on my way!

No comments: