Tuesday, December 23, 2008
Merry Christmas to all and to all A GOODNIGHT!!
I love Christmas. After all it is the most wonderful time of the year. I am as guilty as anyone else of getting cought up in all the secular hype of Christmas. (confession: put my tree up two weeks before Thanksgiving) I love buying gifts for people, I love the parties, I love all the friends and families. This year I have really been convicted about the real reason for the season which we know is The Birth of Jesus Christ. I have heard this my whole life, but recently Christ has revealed so much through this statement. How awesome the entire story is. Number one a virgin birth to an ordinary teenager, who was obedient and chose to become a servant of our Saviour. God asks us to do things everyday. He asks we share His gospel and love with others. He asks us to be in a constant real relationship with Him. These are all so simple as compared to what Mary was asked to do. I want to find favor in Christs eyes, and be the servant He has called me to be. We know with Christ we can move mountains. We have so much power through Jesus Christ and calling on His name, that we choose to let lay stagnant. Christmas is about Jesus. That is the real meaning behind it. I pray Christ is the focus through this holiday season.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love you Bri!! Thanks for hanging out with me today!!!
Post a Comment